How much do your guitars cost?
- Prices vary depending on specifications, but most builds are between $1,200 and $1,900. If you'd like a quote on your specific idea please fill out a Custom Build Request form via the "Contact" link at the top of the page.
How do I get a build started?
- The first step is to fill out a Custom Build Request form via the "Contact" link at the top of the page. After you submit that form I will reach out to you ASAP to put together a list of specs for your build. Once the specs are decided I will send you a formal quote for your specific build. If you decide to proceed then I ask for a 50% deposit to secure your spot and get the build started. The remaining 50% is due upon completion of the build prior to shipping.
What types of wood do you use?
- I primarily use alder as it is a good all-around wood for solid body electric guitars. I have also used reclaimed cedar, reclaimed pine, mahogany, poplar, swamp ash, walnut, black limba, and more. If you have a specific wood in mind just let me know and I'll let you know if I can make it happen!
What pickups do you use?
- I don't use any one pickup manufacturer. I have relationships with several boutique pickup manufacturers that are my preferred manufacturers to work with, however, I am happy to use any specific pickups you want.
I'm an artist. Can I get one of your guitars for free?
- There is nothing I enjoy more than seeing my guitars in the hands of talented artists. I try my best to keep pricing as low as possible for all of my customers. Unfortunately, the only way to keep building guitars is to charge for each guitar I build. For this reason, I cannot offer free guitars for artists.
I love [enter band name here] and I love the guitar you built for them. Can I get one just like it?
- Of course! I don't formally offer "Artists" series guitars but I'm more than happy to build the same guitar for you!
Can you teach me how to do your "Painted with Fire" finish?
- I'm very happy that my "Painted with Fire" finish has become so popular and I understand that people would like to try this finish for themselves. It has taken me a lot of trial and error to get the finish to a place I'm happy with. Unfortunately, it's just something you have to get your hands on and try yourself. I'm happy for you to give it a shot but I can't coach you through the process.
Do you ship internationally?
- I am happy to take on builds for those of you outside of the United States, however, there are several factors that can add significantly to the cost. A couple of these include high shipping costs and CITES paperwork costs (for exporting restricted wood species). I try everything I can to keep costs as low as possible but often times these additional fees end up costing almost as much as the guitar itself. Feel free to contact me to see how this affects you.